ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO DEGREE/HND PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
Prospective Applicants must purchase Sunyani Polytechnic ADMISSIONS FORMS from the following centres:
- The Finance Office, Sunyani Polytechnic
- Regional and District POST OFFICES throughout the country
- Fidelity Bank, Zenith Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Ecobank, Stanbic Bank, Sunyani and all other Branches throughout the Country.
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Bachelor of Technology Applicants - GH¢130.00
- HND Programmes (Direct Applicants) - GH¢120.00
- HND Programmes (Mature) - GH¢130.00
- Access (Pre-HND), Diploma, Technician and Advanced Programmes - GH¢120.00
- Craft programmes and Proficiency Certificates - GH¢80.00
PRESIDENT JOHN MAHAMA VISITS SUNYANI POLYTECHNIC
President John Dramani Mahama has pledged to provide Sunyani Polytechnic with a sixty-capacity seater bus to support industrial and field work of the institution.
He made this known at a durbar organised at Sunyani Polytechnic by the Brong Ahafo Regional Coordinating Council as part of his nationwide Accounting to the people tour. The durbar attracted a large number of people from the region including chiefs and queenmothers, students of second cycle institutions, students of Sunyani Polytechnic,management and staff of Sunyani Polytechnic, and the general public.The President was accompanied by the General Secretaryof the NDC, Mr. Asiedu Nketia, and some ministers including the Minister of Education, Professor Naana Opoku Agyeman, the Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, Honourable Eric Opoku, the Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Honourable Collins Dauda, and the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts, Mrs.Ofosu Agyare.
The event that was held to commission the remodelled Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (H.C.I.M.) building of Sunyani Polytechnic and to launch the conversion of polytechnics in Ghana to technical universities commenced with an opening prayer by the Rector of Saint James Seminary and Senior High School,
Rev, Fr. Alex Ansu, followed by a libation prayer performed by the Chief Linguist of Sunyani Traditional Council. President Mahama mentioned that he had given approval for the passage of the Technical University Bill by parliament and come September 2016 six polytechnics which have met the eligibility criteria for the conversion shall commence the running of technical degree programmes. The Vice Rector of Sunyani Polytechnic, Dr. Kwadwo Adinkrah Appiah who read the welcome address on behalf of the Rector, Professor K. T. Djang-Fordjour.
VACANCY FOR POSITION OF RECTOR
The position of Rector of Sunyani Polytechnic will become vacant on 31st August, 2016. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of Rector, Sunyani Polytechnic.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Polytechnic, and is accountable to the Governing Council as the academic and administrative head of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Polytechnic, and exercises a general authority over both staff and students, subject to the Polytechnic Act, 2007, Act 745, and Statutes of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector provides leadership in achieving the strategic objectives, the vision and mission of the Polytechnic, with the view to promoting academic and professional excellence, in line with the mandate of the Polytechnic education in Ghana.
- The Rector is also responsible for prudent Financial Management and Human Resource Management of the Polytechnic.
The Candidate must:
- be of professorial status and must have PhD/Doctoral degree in the field of Engineering, Manufacturing, Commerce, Applied Sciences and Arts, or Social Science;
- have at least ten (10) years working experience in a Senior Management position in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization;
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff;
- be visionary, result-oriented and able to establish rapport with industry for Academic and Professional advancement of the Polytechnic;
- be of proven integrity and have a drive for sound judgment;
- show capacity for marshalling resources such as grants and funds needed tocarry out the vision of the Polytechnic through creativity and innovation;
- be able to project effectively the image of the Polytechnic both internally and externally; and be able to serve at least four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment will be for four (4) years in the first instance, and may be renewed for a further term of two (2) years only.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are to submit six copies comb bound of the following to the address below:
- An application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae including names, postal and email addresses of three (3) referees; certificates; and
- A three to six paged statement on the applicant’s vision for Sunyani Polytechnic and key strategies for achieving it.
Application should be in sealed envelopes marked ‘FOR POST OF RECTOR’ and submitted by courier to:
Search Committee for Rector
C/O The Registrar
P. O. Box 206
Candidates should request their referees to write directly to the above address under confidential cover. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 30th June, 2016. This advert can also be found on our website www.spoly.edu.gh.
SUNYANI POLYTECHNIC PARTICIPATES IN THE 8TH HIGHER EDUCATION FAIR
The Ghana Higher Education Fair was opened at the Sunyani Senior High School (SUSEC) in the Brong Ahafo Region to provide relevant information on higher education institutions in the country to assist students in the senior high schools to make informed choices about their future careers. This gave prospective students insight into programmes, application procedures, qualifications, career paths.Sunyani Polytechnic sent a delegation led by Dr Henry O. Sintim (Dean, School of Applied Science & Technology) and Mr Emmanuel Amponsah (the Polytechnic’ Public Relations Officer) to the 8TH HIGHER EDUCATION FAIR. The Polytechnic rented a 6 sq. m stand and showcased their academic programmes, research and community services in applied science, engineering and business. Faculty from the Polytechnic presented career options offered at the departments and justified why Sunyani Polytechnic was an institution of choice.